Bit of an update on the progress of the SuperPower Bantam set to race in the hugely popular Supercharged Outlaws class in 2012.
Yesterday we did a few of the smaller jobs that seemed to take ages! but they all need doing.
First up I made a parachute lever and fitted this to the chassis, very important piece, made all the linkage too (not shown in photo) and tested, worked perfectly.
Next job I drilled and tacked welded in the front chassis drains, reason for these is that the whole top rail of the chassis on a supercharged altered like this acts as the breather system with a 'puke' tank at the back to catch any fluids (normally lots of fuel when motor is ran rich)
Then these front drains enable us to drain the chassis of anything and blow through with airline.
Ignore unpainted chassis!
Next up I thought I would weigh the body of the car, came out at a featherweigt 20lbs! which I think is about 9 kg's!
More to come soon, should be painting the chassis soon then the fit up will begin.
thanks for reading.