Some great progress over the weekend on the SuperPower Bantam - we finally got it painted. Been a long time coming but for good reasons, I was busy carefully cutting off all the un-needed and untidy brackets or pieces that were not needed and also to check there were no cracks or damage. Hence it got a bare metal respray. Lots of tedious work but well worth it.
Photo with a bit of primer on, ignore the messy garage!
This was on the Friday evening, left this to dry over night and returned Saturday morning to primer the whole chassis. Went on really well and timed it well as was 18c outside and didn't want the paint to bloom.
We then gave this half hour or so to dry and got the paint ready.
To paint we used Autoglym's Satin Black - great product, a fast drying high quality acrylic based paint with exceptional covering power. Highly recommended!
Next photo of the chassis painted - took a while as lots of places to paint and very easy to miss parts, but really chuffed with the outcome.
Next jobs include a HUGE clear up of the workshop, we have been working flat out for so long without a tidy up, its now in need of a good sort!
Then its time to fit up, first we will get the chassis rolling on all four wheels and on the floor then the best bit starts, fitting all the new parts, all the pieces I have made and all the shiny bits!