Thought i may as well start a build thread as i plan to make some changes to this over the coming months, this is my new toy.
Its an MK GT1 it was one of about 10 built before someone bought the rights to the car and turned it in to the now Spire GTR.
Powered by a 1340cc hayabusa engine, standard is about 180hp. Doesnt sound much i hear you say?
Well how about that in something that weighs 420kgs
That should put the 0-60 time in a low 3second bracket, it is geared for about 140 and it gets there very quickly indeed
It has a 6 speed sequential gearbox, same as the bike, 1 gear forward 5 gears back clutchless shifting. Fully adjustable suspension all round, custom anti roll bars based around ford sierra hubs.
In car brake bias adjustment and custom pedal box with individual master cylinders.
Since ive had it i have done:
- lengthen the gearing - was previously limited to about 125 so i changed this to allow it to go to 140ish. This has slowed acceleration a bit but not much (is going to get faster anyway)
- created a forced induction scoop utilising the F1 style intake on the top - tightened up the gearshift - changed the exhaust system to a titanium acropovic rear can (have the bigger muffler for quieter track days)
- purchased an intercom system for full face helmets (with a 12k rpm revving engine behind your head talking can be interesting without this)
- moved the brake lines (were too close to tyres) and a few other bits
This weekend i am going to start on the bodywork, it has had some rough rattle can spraying so im going to smooth it all out, repair any cracks and paint in Porsche Grey/Black as i have the paint left from the civic. I cant decide whether to do the roll bar etc orange as before or go black . . . . . . comments welcome.
I have also struck a deal with a newly started carbon fibre company who will supply me with free carbon bits - splitter, NACA ducts, canards etc for a small bit of advertisement which should be good.
- respray bodywork
- respray wheels (both sets)
- fit power commander and get remap (should net me 15-20hp )
- find 6k to get a forged turbo build and 850hp/tonne . . . .
- drive it 800 miles to Le Man and back next June